|Home | About Us | Village Design Statement | Design Statement Update | Planning Comments | Events|
1. The name of the Group shall be Cottenham Village Design Group.
2. The aim of the Design Group is to work for the benefit of the village as a whole to protect and develop Cottenhamís special character in line with the principles set out in the Design Statement.
3. Membership of the Group shall be open to residents and past residents of Cottenham and those who own property in or represent a company based in Cottenham, on payment of an annual subscription as agreed by members, who shall be entitled to attend meetings and events and to vote at the Annual General Meeting.
4. The Committee shall be comprised of a maximum of fifteen members, of which there are seven officers, namely the Chair, the Vice Chair, the Secretary, the Treasurer, the Membership Secretary, Planning Comments Coordinator and the Information Officer. There are up to five nominee members of the Committee, one from each of Fen Edge Community Association, Cottenham Village Society, Cottenham Parish Council, South Cambridgeshire District Council and Cambridge County Council. Elected members of the Committee shall number up to ten persons and the Committee shall have the power to co-opt up to three persons to fill places if necessary. The Committee shall have power to elect a successor to any Officer who ceases to hold office during the year.
5. The Committee members shall be eligible to offer themselves for re-election after two years, and officers shall not hold their positions for more than four consecutive years. The elections shall be held at the Annual General Meeting, to take place in February of each year. Written nominations for Committee members are required at least seven days before the Annual General Meeting.
6. Members of the Committee shall be obliged to declare any personal interest that they may have in the affairs of the Design Group, such as involvement in planning applications, financial benefits or other such matters, and shall take no further part in discussions when such matters are being considered.
7. The Committee shall be the governing body of the Group and shall manage and direct its affairs. The Committee shall meet as decided by the Chair, but not less than once every quarter year, and Minutes shall be recorded at each meeting and circulated to Committee members. A quorum of the Committee shall be five persons. The Annual General Meeting shall be an Open Meeting and shall be held for the following purpose:
- to report to the members of the Group and to residents of Cottenham and other interested parties on the yearís activities
8. Voting at meetings shall be by show of hands by eligible members, but the Chair may hold a ballot should one-third of the members present request one.
9. The financial year shall run from 1 January until 31 December and the Treasurer shall report the Groupís finances as requested by the Chair and report the Groupís accounts at the Annual General Meeting. Accounts shall be kept by the treasurer of all monies received, all sales and purchases and all assets and liabilities of the Group. The Treasurer shall submit a written statement of accounts should the Chair request such a statement. Funds shall be held in such a way as agreed by the members of the committee.
10. The Group shall be dissolved if three-quarters of the members attending and voting at a General Meeting shall so request. On dissolution, remaining funds shall be donated to a charitable organisation whose aims are compatible with those of the Cottenham Village Design Group, as shall be agreed by members of the committee, and arrangements shall be made to close the Group.
11. A copy of the Constitution shall be available to members on request. Amendments to the Constitution may only be made at an Annual General meeting and require the approval of a majority of those present and eligible to vote.
20 May 1995, amendments incorporated 23 Febraury 2007,